The jerseys worn by the Steelers during the 1966 and 1967 are quite possibly the most infamous uniforms in team history. Introduced as part of an attempt to modernize the Steelers team image, these jerseys featured a bright gold yoke over a black base – a design that had never before been seen in the NFL. They were a media sensation as soon as they hit the gridiron, drawing numerous comparisons to the uniform worn by Adam West’s Batman on the popular television series. However, while fans loved the look, the Steelers players weren’t fond of the “caped crusader” outfits and so the jerseys were retired in 1968 in favor of the team’s current uniform template.
Though these jerseys were only worn for two seasons, they will forever be remembered as one of the most memorable looks to ever grace professional football. Now, thanks to the artisan tailors at Mitchell & Ness, you can personalize one of these historic treasures for your own wardrobe exclusively from the Official Steelers Online Store. Each Custom 1967 Steelers Home jersey is a faithful recreation of the uniforms worn by the team during those two fateful seasons, and includes features such as three-quarter length sleeves, rugged cotton blend construction and sewn-on tackle twill name and numbers. Order yours today and get a look that will make every Steelers fan green with envy.
- By Mitchell & Ness
- Rugged 50% Cotton/ 50% Polyester Blend
- Tackle Twill Sewn-On Name and Numbers
- Your Custom or Current Player Name on the Name Plate
- 13 Character Limit (Including Spaces)
- 2 Number Limit
- Sizes are Chest Measurements
- PLEASE NOTE: Current Steelers players or custom names only. No retired players accepted. Language deemed inappropriate or profane will not be accepted.
- NOTE ON SIZE: This jersey tends to have a looser fit as it was sized according to an authentic jersey from 1967.